In a bartending career spanning two decades, Kate Lewis has traveled throughout the southern and eastern U.S. serving up the classics and drinks of her own devising. Now general manager of 1899 Indoor Golf in Belden Village, Kate created this lavender cocktail for the establishment’s spring menu. You will find it and a half-dozen other specialty drinks there for a limited time.
1 ounce Tito’s Vodka
1 ounce Giffard Rhubarb Liqueur
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/2 ounce Lavender Simple Syrup*
Egg white or 4-5 drops Addiction Mixology InstaFoam
1. Add vodka, rhubarb liqueur, lemon, lavender simple syrup and egg white or InstaFoam in a mixing glass. Dry shake (without ice) ingredients. Add ice to mixing glass and shake.
2. Strain ingredients into a chilled coupe or martini glass.
3. Add 2-3 drops of Peychaud’s Bitters. Drag a toothpick through bitters to create a lavender sprig design on top.
*Lavender Simple Syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
1. Heat ingredients over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Strain syrup into a container.
4. Refrigerate for up to two weeks.