Greg Mays is the "cocktail expert." For the past ten years he has created his own cocktail recipes and pairings on his website simple-cocktails.com He's held cigar pairings and taught seminars for local distilleries and national conferences. Mays has literally written the book on "New Mexico Cocktails."
He started his journey unfamiliar with what to order while out to dinner. After combing through classic cocktail recipe books, he discovered the key to a good drink. "The ten core cocktails use simple ingredients without the cost of specialty items. You realize all this classic stuff is simple, "says Mays, "I'm a teacher at heart."
- rim a chilled cocktail glass with honey and dip in brown sugar
- in a cocktail shaker, combine:
- 1 oz brown creme de cacao (a chocolate liqueur)
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 splash of half and half
- Shake with ice and strain into your cocktail glass
- Albuquerque Lifestyle Twist - Add a sprinkle of fav fall spices like cinnamon
Visit simple-cocktails.com for additional sophisticated cocktails.