Cranberry Holiday Punch
- 1 cup cranberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup cranberry juice (or cranberry vodka, if desired)
- 1 750-milileter bottle of prosecco or champagne
- 2 cups cranberry ginger ale
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- Rosemary sprigs, garnish
Fill your pitcher or punch bowl half full with ice and have more on hand for individual glasses. Add in the cranberries and pomegranate seeds. Add the cranberry juice, sparkling wine, simple syrup, and top off to taste with the cranberry ginger ale. Pour or ladle into individual serving glasses and garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Frosty Coffee Punch
- 4 cups brewed vanilla-flavored coffee, cooled
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- Ground cinnamon
In a large container, combine the coffee, milk and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Spoon ice cream into a punch bowl; pour coffee mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Hot Mulled Wine
- 750 milliliters red wine
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick (large)
- 2 star anise
- 10 cloves
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Slice oranges with the skin on. Half will be used as the garnish.
Place 2/3 red wine, half of the orange rounds, lemon juice, apple cider, cinnamon sticks, star anise, clove, brown sugar and orange zest in a saucepan. Heat on high for 2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Reduce the flame and keep heating the wine for 10-12 minutes. Add the rest of the wine and heat for 2 minutes. Serve warm mulled wine with your choice of garnish.