Sarah Garcia is the owner and lead stylist at She Loves Hair Salon. A Master Colorist who also specializes in hand-tied extensions, Sarah believes in giving each client a personal, customized experience. Sarah loves perfecting classic styles as well as being up-to-date with current beauty trends. As we're entering drier months that can wreak havoc on our hair, Sarah offers five of her best tips to keep your tresses shiny and smooth through the dry, chilly months. Oh, and just for fun, here's Sarah's bonus sixth tip: "Be sure to drink lots of red wine to get you through those long winter nights!"
- Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp. With Colorado's dry winters, we recommend a scalp exfoliator at least once a week to help with build-up removal. Our favorite is R+Co Submarine.
- In Colorado winter, dry shampoo should be your best friend! Stop shampooing so much--three times per week at most. Use dry shampoo on the off days to help absorb oil and keep your hair looking and smelling fresh. Death Valley by R+Co gives lots of body while absorbing oil.
- Did you know that if your hair is often full of static, it means its lacking moisture? A hair mask twice per month keeps hair moisturized and also helps with static. A favorite product of ours to keep moisture in and static away is Olaplex No. 8.
- You definitely need a good multi-tasking leave-in spray for winters here, too. Our favorite is Pureology 21 Color Fanatic, which has 21 benefits and is safe on color.
- Sleeping on a satin pillow case throughout the winter will keep your hair frizz free and shiny, while also prolonging your style.