Tres Amigos Salsa was born from the passion of Chef John Kresl. He enjoyed making homemade salsa and became known for it. John began selling his salsas at the Winter Garden Farmers Market more than eight years ago, in August 2012. Tres Amigos Salsas and Quesos offers a wide variety in their retail product lineup, including Verde, Smoky, Hot, Original, and Kicked up Queso. John’s salsas and queso are available at all Central Florida The Fresh Market stores, the Winter Garden Farmers Market, Lake Nona Farmers Market, Orlando Farmers Market, and Apopka Farmers Market.
Chef John has recently opened his own restaurant, Tres Amigos Grill at 1025 S Dillard Street, Winter Garden, Florida. Tres Amigos Grill specializes in Tex-Mex style, locally sourced, marinated skirt steak, wild caught shrimp, chicken, and vegetables grilled over an open flame. Tres Amigos salsas will be available for purchase.
Chef John still has his favorite at home recipes that are not in production, and he is sharing his at home Mango salsa recipe with our readers. This Mango salsa is a perfect way to enjoy seasonal mangoes.
2 Cups Fresh Mango
1 Cup Fresh Tomato
1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
1/3 Cup Red Onion
1/4 Cup Jalapeño
1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic
Juice of 1 Lime
2-3 Pinches Good Quality Sea Salt to Taste
For the best results we started with a trip to the Winter Garden Farmers Market to buy the freshest local ingredients!
1. Remove the seeds and soft flesh of the tomato and jalapeño
2. Dice the tomato, mango, red onion, and jalapeño. Red Onion and jalapeño should be finely diced.
3. Chop the cilantro and garlic
4. Combine all diced and chopped ingredients into a bowl
5. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the bowl
6. Add 2-3 pinches of good quality seas salt to taste
7. Mix ingredients until evenly distributed
More jalapeño can be added if you like to kick it up a little!