Smell Thanksgiving coming through aromas of warm buttered rolls, herbed turkey and crusty fancy pies sneaking up from memories because someone said it was November? Wondering what to do for themed meals this month? Whether hoping to secure an entire meal or just to supplement with certain side dishes, the team at Corner Market Catering Company offers a special Thanksgiving menu each year.
From their store at 850 Hillwood Blvd., Suite 6, the crew at the Corner Market is happy to take orders for actual Turkey Day meals through Nov. 16 so food can be picked up between noon and 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
Corner Market owners Emily and Jim Frith say Thanksgiving is their busiest meal season of the year. How they get so much Thanksgiving food prepared at one time is amazing.
This year's Corner Market Thanksgiving offerings may include items such as the following:
- Whole roasted turkey, 12 to 13 pounds (enough to feed 10 to 12 people)
- Roasted turkey breasts, sliced and sold by the pound
- Cornbread stuffing in 32-ounce containers (serves 6 to 8 people)
- Homemade gravy, sold by the pint
- Fresh brandied cranberry orange pecan relish, sold by half pints
- Mashed potatoes in 32-ounce containers (serves 6 to 8 people)
- Roasted autumn vegetables, sold by the pound (serves 4 to 6 people)
- Candied sweet potatoes in 32-ounce containers (serves 6 to 8 people)
- Corn pudding in 32-ounce containers (serves 6 to 8 people)
- Squash casserole in 32-ounce containers (serves 6 to 8 persons)
- Butternut squash soup, sold by the quart (serves 3 to 4 people)
- Sausage and egg breakfast casserole in 32-ounce containers (serves 3 to 5 people)
- Homemade yeast rolls, sold by the dozen
- Whole pies: lattice-top apple, pumpkin, pecan or fudge
For those seeking to fill in snacks for small gatherings throughout November, the Corner Market team has appetizers and party foods, such as wafers, mini BLTs, sweet potato biscuits, pimiento cheese on jalapeno cornbread, chicken salad in phyllo cups, bacon-wrapped dates, grilled shrimp, sandwiches, crabcakes, cookies, tarts and chocolate-dipped strawberries.
They offer full-service catering as well.
Mondays through Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.