Doing Well & Doing Good: 

Chris Nielsen, State Farm Insurance

Service to others, charitable giving, and helping those in need have long been a part of Chris Nielsen’s ethos, and he and his wife Sarah strive to instill those values in their children, Eva Grace and Brown.  Hence, it should come as no surprise to anyone who knows him that Chris’ personal philosophy carries over into his professional life as well.  Helping people to plan for their future, to prepare for unforeseen occurrences, and to navigate the aftermath of accidents and events is the crux of his company’s business model, so it is only fitting that Chris and his wonderful staff members place a high priority on helping others.   Chris’ company has collaborated with other charitable organizations such as The Well of Spring Hill food pantry and Soles 4 Souls in the past.  In 2015, his office began a partnership with The Marine Corps Toys for Tots Foundation, and that relationship is entering its sixth year this holiday season. 

The Marine Corps Toys for Tots Foundation is an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity which was created at the behest of the United States Marine Corps in 1991.  Toys for Tots, as it is more commonly known, has been ranked since 2001 as one of the top-rated charities by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, also known as the Philanthropy 400, and according to their most recent figures, 96% of all donations go toward their mission of providing toys, books and other gifts to less fortunate children. The remaining 4% is spent on supporting fundraising expenses, and not one donated dollar goes to pay for salaries or any other manpower costs.  Their mission is to “assist the United States Marine Corps in providing a tangible sign of hope to economically disadvantaged children at Christmas.”  This assistance includes providing day-to-day leadership and oversight of the Toys for Tots program, raising funds to provide toys to supplement the collections of local Toys for Tots campaigns, providing promotional and support materials, and defraying the costs of conducting annual Toys for Tots campaigns.  Toys for Tots plays a critical role in developing one of our country’s most precious and valuable resources, its children, and in uniting members of local communities in a common cause each year during its annual toy collection and distribution campaigns.  Additionally, Toys for Tots campaign coordinators conduct other activities and events throughout the year.  Golf tournaments, bicycle races, Fun Run/Walk 5Ks, and other voluntary events are held to increase awareness and raise funding to support Toys for Tots’ mission.   

“I am so proud to support Toys for Tots in collecting toys while delivering a message of hope to impoverished children right here in our community and showing them that they are not forgotten at Christmas,” said Chris.  “The goal of this donation drive is to ensure needy children have a merry Christmas just like everyone else.”  From November 16 through December 10, people can contribute to this year’s collection by bringing new, unwrapped toys to Chris’ State Farm Insurance office located at 5332 Main Street in Spring Hill on weekdays from 8:30 to 5:00, or a pickup meeting can be arranged by calling (931) 486-1600.  Donations may also be made online by visiting www.toysfortots.org for people who may be constrained by transportation or time, or who are limiting their exposure to public places.   100% of the donations made at this location stay local to Maury County, and Chris’ organization has been the top Toys for Tots collection site for Maury County since 2015. 

As we head into the season of thankfulness and giving as the culmination to a very unusual and challenging year, please consider adding the purchase of a new toy to your shopping list, or making a monetary donation to support Toys for Tots. “I am encouraging everyone to help us make this a happy holiday for a deserving child by donating a new toy,” said Chris, and we at Spring Hill Style sincerely share that sentiment.

Chris Nielsen State Farm Insurance office

5332 Main Street, Spring Hill, TN

Weekdays from 8:30 to 5:00

(931) 486-1600

Related Businesses

Lafayette Federal Credit Union

Banks + Credit Unions

Lafayette Federal Credit Union

Rockville, MD

Are you looking at buying a home, or even how to buy a home, and not sure where to start? Lafayette Federal has you covered...

Benjamin Durham Law Firm

Legal + Attorneys

Benjamin Durham Law Firm

Las Vegas, NV

When confronted with injury or legal troubles, you find yourself standing at a critical juncture. The burden of medical...

Wealth Wave

Financial Planners/Advisors

Wealth Wave

Bellevue, WA

All successful missions start with a clear vision and the right leaders who are just as experienced and capable as they are...

See More

Related Articles