If you're anything like me, then you too get sweet tooth attacks—and sometimes they are almost insatiable! Not because you couldn't find anything sweet in the house but because it wasn't decadent or rich enough (a bowl of fresh strawberries doesn't always scratch that itch you may be having) to hit the spot! As a wellness expert, I understand that struggle wholeheartedly, so here are my top two decadent, guilt-free treats!
Creamy Protein Ice Cream
Ok, so yes, technically, you can buy this from the stores, but high protein keeps my body lean, so I typically opt in for homemade. It's super simple, and I can control the calories from fat! I love this for nights (or hot summer days) when I want the sugar but none of the bloat! So these are perfect if you're watching your waistline and counting macros.
- 1 -2 scoops protein powder (I use Arbonne's Strawberry plant-based protein)
- 1 cup strawberries (or your favorite fruit)
- 1/2 coconut milk (for extra creaminess) or 1/2 coconut water (for sweetness)
- 1-2 cups ice (depends on how thick you want it)
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth! Pour/scoop into bowl and eat!
Guilt-Free Popcorn Mix
This is my favorite dry snack that combines all my favorite flavors. OMG, it's so nom-nom good! This was definitely a late-night accidental creation that I fell in love with and just had to perfect! So here goes!
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (unpopped)
- 1 Builtbar of choice (I chose Double Chocolate Mousse) diced up (click link to find the best flavor for you)
- 1/2 cup pre-popped caramel popcorn
- 1/4 cup salted pretzels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pink himalyan salt, to taste
Add popcorn and oil in a 3-quart pot over medium heat (or air popper) and cover the pot with a lid. Constantly shake the pot as it pops to keep it from burning. When popping slows to a few seconds in between pops, after about 3 to 5 minutes, remove pot from heat and pour popcorn into a large bowl. Add light salt to taste, then add remaining ingredients. Mix well, start your favorite Netflix show and enjoy!