This Asian chicken salad is light and crispy and so easy to make. Spend With Pennies shares her recipe that's loaded with chicken, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, red bell peppers, green onions and your choice of homemade dressing (see recipes below).
- 4 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage or coleslaw mix, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ english cucumber sliced
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 3 cups chicken cooked shredded
- 3 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips or chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Sprinkle with toppings and serve immediately.
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
Homemade Peanut Dressing
Combine the following in a blender. 1 clove garlic, 2 tablespoons each lime juice, soy sauce, and peanut butter, 1 tablespoon each rice vinegar and honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes.
READ MORE: Asian Chicken Salad