There’s something so comforting about a delicious treat baking in the oven. Its scent can not only perfume the kitchen, but the entire house as well.
To know me is to know that I love to bake. I enjoy being in the kitchen and whipping up everything from cookies to scratch-made bread. This banana bread recipe is a staple in my house and much-beloved by family and friends.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
active time: 15 minutes
total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
makes: one loaf
1 c. granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
2 large eggs, room temp
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325° and butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
3. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
4. Add banana mixture to creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan to cool completely.