Recipe originally on The Vegas Mom
I'm obsessed with churros. I'm sure lots of people are; however, in the current climate, I can't go anywhere to get them. I always wanted to make churros, but I don't have the right piping tip. I decided I'd try to make churro bites instead. Honestly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It is something you need to be on top of. Don't walk away if you're making these churro bites.
- 2/3 c Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 c Water
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Oil for frying
- Cinnamon for coating
- Sugar for coating
- Bring the water, butter, and sugar to a boil.
- Add flour, mix vigorously until completely blended together.
- Remove from heat; let cool around 10 minutes.
- Add egg, mix as quickly as possible to prevent the egg from scrambling. It will take a bit before the dough comes together.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Fill a piping bag (with a star tip) with the dough. (I use small batches at a time.)
- Pipe dough into oil and cut to desired size. (I used kitchen scissors, but you can also use a fork.)
- They are ready when they are a nice golden brown color.
- Remove excess oil with a paper towel.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture while still warm.