Super Bowl is right around the corner and that means French Onion Dip! Even though this dip is DELISH, it isn't the healthiest. I did the impossible and made a copy-cat healthy version that TASTES LIKE THE REAL THING. You will thank me later and I hope you have a great party!
Serves 7-8 as an appetizer dip
- 2 1/4 cup Diced Yellow Onions or 3 Medium Onions
- 2 tbsp Light Oil
- 1/4 cup Low-Fat Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Using a large sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp of light oil over medium-high heat and then add the diced onions. Sauté for 3 min or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Turn to medium heat and cook for 4 min and then cook on medium-low for an additional 5 min. The onions should be a light to medium brown color from caramelizing in the pan.
- In a medium decorative serving bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and then add the cooked onions. Mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Serve with your favorite crackers!