These baked low-salt turkey meatballs are healthy, packed with flavor, incredibly moist on the inside and crispy golden on the outside. A combination of fresh and dried herbs give these meatballs an Italian flair while also providing a balance of flavors. Top with a simple marinara sauce and they’re impossible to resist. You can also double the recipe, freeze, and simply reheat the meatballs when you want a quick dinner on the table.
Low.Salt.Healthy “DASHable” Turkey Meatballs
Yield: 15 meatballs Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Dash “Onion and Herb” seasoning
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ cup maybe a bit more of panic (Japanese-style Panko usually is lower in sodium, breadcrumbs can also work but you are looking for 100 mg per ½ cup serving)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
Mix the ingredients and roll into small balls. Grease a baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
For the printable and downloadable recipe, visit LowSaltKitchen.com