Most people don’t think of visiting a chiropractor until they are in pain. But regular visits to a chiropractor can help manage everyday issues and prevent problems in the future.
In Kansas City, you have a choice of chiropractors all across the city that each offer a wide variety of options for any age range and need.
Why You Need a Chiropractor
A chiropractor uses spinal manipulation to treat a variety of issues. Spinal manipulation involves the manual or mechanical thrust to a joint or a section of your spine. Traditionally, you would seek the help of a chiropractor when you are experiencing these symptoms:
- Joint stiffness
- Pain in your back, shoulders, neck, or hips
- Pain as a result of an injury
- Sharp pains in your legs
But regular visits to the chiropractor can help in other ways as well.
- Relieves stress and improves your mood
- Better-quality sleep
- Improved immune system
- Adjust your posture especially if you sit for long periods
- Help you stay flexible and pain-free as you get older
A chiropractor can also provide services to help with the occasional pain and discomfort of pregnancy. Even children and infants can benefit from a visit to their local chiropractor.
What to Expect at Your Visit to a Chiropractor
An appointment with a chiropractor involves more than a quick visit where a doctor only manipulates the connections in your back. Chiropractors are licensed, medical doctors that are trained in the best methods to help their patients. A typical treatment plan will include several steps.
- Discussing your medical history, condition, and future treatment plan.
- Physical exam focusing on the spine and problem areas.
- Tests and X-rays where needed
- Lifestyle evaluation and suggestions for changes in nutrition and habits
- Spinal manipulation and other treatments as needed
What to Look for in a Chiropractor in Kansas City
You can find a good chiropractor in practically every part of Kansas City. There are more than 250 chiropractors in Kansas City. To choose the best one for you, consider these factors:
- Location: While there are practices across the city, the north and downtown areas have the most offices.
- Services: It's not always about immediate pain. Many offices offer holistic care including acupuncture and nutritional counseling.
- Specialization: You may be in pain possibly from an injury or just normal wear and tear on an active body as it ages. There are also offerings to assist with pregnancy issues and pediatric health.
- Personality: Your doctor and the clinic staff are critical for your care. Finding a team you feel comfortable with will make a difference in the success of your care.
North Kansas City’s Got Your Back
With the majority of chiropractic offices located in North Kansas City, you have plenty of choices when looking for the right practice for you.
You can find Dr. Michael Emery at Barry Road Chiropractors. Dr. Emery comes from a long line of chiropractors, so he and his staff know how to treat patients and add that personal touch.
In North Kansas City you can also look for Dr. Greg Kram at North Oak Chiropractic. An involved member of the community, Dr. Kram is a member of the Missouri Chiropractic Association as well.
Straightening Up With Downtown Kansas City Chiropractors
If you are looking for a chiropractic office that is convenient to downtown Kansas City, you have options. Crossroads Chiropractic offers chiropractic services as well as acupuncture and massage.
Nearby at Lifestyle Chiropractic and Wellness Center, you can get counseling on how to change and improve your lifestyle as well as chiropractic treatments. This office also offers laser lipo for non-surgical liposuction.
Pediatric Chiropractors in Kansas City
Kids' bodies go through a lot while they grow. A pediatric chiropractor needs to understand how a child’s physical and mental well-being are intertwined. They know a child needs more careful and focused treatment.
Spinal manipulation can help relieve many common childhood ailments.
- Growing pains
- Sleep issues
- Sports injuries
Babies can also benefit from a chiropractic visit to help with colic and problems with feeding.
Kansas City has several chiropractors specializing in pediatric care for children and infants. Dinkel Chiropractic and Acupuncture is one such office. Advanced Sports and Family Chiropractic and Acupuncture also offers chiropractic care from infants through childhood.
Chiropractic Care for Moms and Babies in Kansas City: Pregnancy and Prenatal Chiropractors
Pregnancy is a special time for a woman. But the transformations a woman’s body goes through while growing a child inside her can be uncomfortable and painful at times. Spinal manipulation can help relieve the tension and stress pregnancy brings on to a woman’s body as well as her mind.
There are chiropractors in Kansas City who can help mothers-to-be manage their changing bodies in a comfortable way. Spine Align Chiropractic Clinic offers ways to help make pregnancy easier and pain-free. Barry Road Chiropractic also offers a full range of pregnancy and prenatal services.
A chiropractor can offer so much more than just relief from pain. Spinal manipulation along with other services that are available at many practices can provide a complete, holistic care package. In Kansas City you can find many chiropractic offices that can help you improve your movement, your flexibility, and the overall enjoyment of your body.