If you’re anything like my man, you leave much of the cooking to the lady of the house.
And if she’s anything like me, I can’t say I blame you. But, on those special nights when my guy feels like venturing into the kitchen and treating me to a delicious meal, this is his foolproof go-to. All it takes is a bit of chopping, mixing, and rolling and you’re on your way to impressing your lovely dinner companion. Fair warning, you will get your hands dirty in the process, but if you can bait a hook, you can make a meatball…
2 pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork or veal
1 large loaf fresh Italian Bread
1 small can tomato paste
¼ cup Half n’ Half
¼ cup Canned Beef Consommé
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup grated parmesan
1 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbs Ranch Seasoning
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Sautee onion and garlic until soft and translucent, let cool.
2. Tear out insides of Italian bread, discard crust. Pour half n’ half and beef consommé over and let soak.
3. Add soaked bread, eggs, tomato paste, parsley, seasoning, and parmesan to a food processor, and run until combined.
4. In a large bowl, add meat, bread mixture, onions and garlic, and combine with your hands until everything is evenly distributed.
5. Roll 1 ½ inch meatballs with your hands, and place close together on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake @ 350°F for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and top with your favorite, high quality marinara. Enjoy with a hefty plate of pasta or inside a hero roll.