I have so many fun memories of playing KerPlunk as a kid. Anyone else?
Imagine how much fun a life-sized DIY KerPlunk yard game would be. You don't have to imagine for long, because I'm going to teach you how to easily make one for your next outdoor gathering!
Gather your supplies, which can be picked up at a hardware store or ordered online.
1. Divide your dowel rods into three groups and spray paint them evenly on all sides. I chose to do three different colors (turquoise, pink, yellow). Let dry.
2. Choose your desired circumference of your metal fencing. Mine is about 40″ in length.
3. Roll out your metal fencing and with your wire cutters and cut a few inches longer than your desired length. You might want to wear gloves to prevent injury. My fencing was tightly wound so after it was cut it curled up into my desired cylinder shape on its own.
4. Take your small zip ties and connect both ends of your fencing from top to bottom. My black zip ties stand out more than I’d like. You can use metal wire if you want it to blend seamlessly.
5. Trim down all zip tie tails with your scissors.
6. Gather the dowel rods and randomly add them in. The more random and tangled up they can be, the better.
7. Make sure the dowel rods are placed so that none of the balls will be able to fall through on their own.
8. Add in your plastic balls.