Menopause is having a moment in global and social media. That’s good in that it’s finally getting some much-deserved and overdue attention. However, it can be hard to parse out the good, the not-so-good and the downright horrible “information” out there. We are here to set things straight.
A few big things to note:
- You are not crazy! Maybe you’ve been noticing some odd changes as you go through your 40’s. Fun fact: the most symptomatic time of menopause is BEFORE it actually happens. That’s called “peri-menopause” and it can be short or it can last up to 10 years!
- It’s not all about hot flashes. The effects of changing hormones at menopause (and especially perimenopause) can show up in almost every system of the body. While you may be aware that menstrual cycles change, did you know that other areas that may get involved? Some of those areas include joint pain, ligament changes, brain fog, gut issues, urinary dysfunction, sleep, hair, skin and bone changes and even heart health - among others!
- Hormone therapy can be helpful and appropriate for some, but not all. There is a time and place for the right kind of intervention. Good news - there are so many other ways to approach the symptoms that help too!
How is pelvic PT perfectly positioned to help during this phase? We can provide solid, trustworthy information about how to best navigate this sometimes difficult time. We cover these factors among others:
- Making the most of your exercise routine to manage weight AND support bone, brain and heart health.
- Addressing the changing urinary, gut and sexual issues that arise.
- Getting the sleep you need and improving your energy levels.
- Identify how your body is changing and what options are available to support you!
Give us a call or send a message so we can get you started to feeling like yourself again!
Check out website here to learn more about how we can help!