The holiday season is around the corner, and we’ve curated a delicious list to give you a head start on your gift-giving. We’ve selected artisans and businesses that are hyper-local and add a distinctively homegrown slant to gift-giving. Who knows, maybe you’ll even find a couple items to put on your own holiday list!
1. Smithey Farmhouse Skillet: For the chef in your kitchen. Engravable and hand-forged by a Charlestonian artisan blacksmith. Retail: $295. Smithey.com.
2. “At Loggerheads,” by Kristen Ness. (See article on page xyz.) For your book club friend who cares about the environment, local author Ness wraps seaturtles into this page-turner mystery. Retail: $25. kristenness.com.
3. Magnolia Earrings: For the girl who needs to shimmer. Peyton William has stores in Charleston and Kiawah Island. Retail: $150. peytonwilliam.com.
4. Joggle Board: For the historically minded. Give a piece of Charlestonian charm with this Southern front porch keepsake. Retail: from $750. thejogglefactory.com.
5. Bittermilk Jar Bar: For the budding bartender. A line of local mixers with a Southern cocktail shaker. Retail: $120. Bittermilk.com.
6. Brackish Sitka Bow Tie: For the dapper man in your life. Create a bold statement with this elegant array of pheasant and peacock plumes. Retail: $225. brackish.com.