Are we heading towards a quarantine summer?
Maybe, maybe not. But either way, it is always great to continue to nourish our minds with good books, am I right? Personally, even though I love the tangible element of a book in my hands, I actually read better with an audiobook at 1.5x while riding my bike or walking along the boardwalk, with a mask of course!
Here is my list for your summer mindscape:
- Looking for a good starter book to jump into a plant-based lifestyle, which is actually evidence-based? Check out The Vegan Starter Kit by Neal Barnard, MD, FACC
- For my wellness warriors, looking for the bible of evidence-based nutritional information? For my healthcare professionals, tired of not having enough nutritional education in medical school? Check out How Not To Die by Michael Greger, MD, FACLM
- Want to survive this current and the next pandemic? Check out How To Survive A Pandemic by Michael Greger, MD, FACLM
- Did you know an 80-year Harvard study found that embracing personal relationships helped us to live longer and happier?Want to read more about how to improve our relationships? Check out The Seven Secrets to Healthy, Happy Relationships by don Miguel Ruiz Jr. and HeatherAsh Amara
- Did you learn about personal finance while you were growing up? No, neither did I! But it is so central to our day to day lives! Check out Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Want to learn how to better lead and influence in today's society? This must-read is called Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Want to enhance your emotional resilience and take your life to the next level? Check out this book by yours truly where I talk about my life as a traveling physician and my experiences around the world in Thrive Medicine: How To Cultivate Your Desires and Elevate Your Life by Colin Zhu, DO