Fall gives us an abundant display of natural beauty that can add to any Thanksgiving holiday for a simple and elegant look. This is the prefect season to take advantage of what the harvest provides to dress up the day. Here are a few simple ideas that your family and guests will love.
1. Create a table scape of mini pumpkins and gourds. Add tea lights and candles, mixing heights. Use twine or ribbon as napkin ties, and place leaves or nuts on the place settings.
2. If orange does not suit your interior decor, use white mini pumpkins for a more formal look. Add small pots and vases to the center of the table to provide some elevation.
3. Take a small tray or basket filled with pumpkins or gourds and add some floral and leaves. Create a simple but elegant place card with ribbon and fresh herbs for added aroma.
4. Burlap. Go to a local fabric store and grab some burlap. It adds great texture to any table. Use it over a table cloth, mix in some rustic napkins and leaves; even on the most formal of table settings, it's a hit.
5. Piles of Pumpkins. Get some apple crates and create displays of pumpkins—perfect for the corner of the dining room or kitchen. Also great to add to baskets for the kitchen island or a family room mantle display. A great mix of colored pumpkins in interior settings is both warm and welcoming.