Jessica Coates is the new CEO of the Howard County Association of Realtors and is originally from Alabama. We asked her a few questions to see how she is feeling about her move to beautiful Columbia, Maryland.
1. Where is your favorite place to eat?
I absolutely love the food, outstanding service, and cozy ambiance of Cured 18th & 21st!
2. Where is your favorite place to grab coffee?
I have to admit, I’m a huge coffee drinker!
I am a Starbucks kind of girl.
3. What is one of your favorite activities to do with your family?
Since moving to Columbia, we’ve enjoyed living within walking distance of all the amazing events at the Merriweather Post Pavilion as well as going to performances at the beautiful Jim Rouse Theatre and Performance Arts Center at Wilde Lake High School.
4. What do you find unique about Columbia?
Since I’m a lover of most outdoor activities, I was fascinated by the beauty and accessibility of the three lakes in Columbia: Lake Kittamaqundi, Lake Elkhorn, and Wilde Lake. I love the fact that they are surrounded by parkland for sailing, fishing, and boating. My family has taken full advantage by participating in some of the fairs and entertainment during the year around the lakefront.
5. What is the biggest difference between Maryland and Alabama?
The biggest difference is the abundance of diversity in culture and economic status in one community.
6. Most importantly, do you like football, and if so, who is of your favorite team.
Yes, indeed! I love College Football.
I am an Alabama Crimson Tide fan, all day, everyday!! Roll Tide!!