Portion control chocolate in a mug! This sweet treat has the macros you need for your Ignite phase. Rich and chocolatey with two options for preparation (microwave or oven) lets you have your cake in under 20 minutes (or 2 if you just can’t wait).
Chocolate Lava Cake
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 cake
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 2-20 min*
- 1 egg, room temp
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk of choice (we used lite canned coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar substitute (such as Swerve), or pinch stevia, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. if using oven. Omit this step if using microwave.
2. Whisk ingredients together. Coat a mug or ramekin with cooking spray. Pour batter inside. Bake for 20 minutes, or until set.
3. If microwaving, heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until set. If you prefer a gooey center, undercook your cake so the center is giggly and the outside perimeter is firm (about 15 minutes in oven and 1 minute in microwave). Let cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
Melt ½ tablespoon coconut oil or butter with ½ tablespoon almond butter. Stir in ½ teaspoon cacao powder and 10 vanilla stevia drops. Drizzle on top.
Nutrition Information (with drizzle)
Calories: 328| Protein: 9.5g | Fat: 28g | Carbs: 9.5g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 6.5g
Follow @131 Method