Want to explore plant-based options but don't know where to start? Try this easy recipe as your first! People think plant-based meals are boring and lack flavor—not this one! In this dish I play with Middle Eastern and Indian spices that will take you on a culinary journey. This meal is also packed with protein, fiber and healthy carbs that will fill your body with the nourishments it needs. Cheap, easy and healthy!!! Next meal prep Sunday should include this dish.
1 Head Cauliflower - cut into small florets
2 Large Sweet Potatoes - peeled and cubed
1 Can Low-Sodium Chickpeas - drained and rinsed
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 tbsp Tandoori Masala Seasoning - I use Frontier Co-Op Brand
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (reduce to 1/4 tsp if you cannot handle spicy! Can also omit)
Juice of 1 Lime
Lemon Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup Tahini
1/4 cup Lemon Juice (around 1 1/2 lemons)
5 tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper - I use Lawerys Brand
2 tbsp Non-Fat Plain Yogurt (or a dairy-free plain yogurt option)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix all “main ingredients” in a large bowl until the vegetables and beans are evenly coated with the seasonings and oil.
3. Line 1-2 sheet trays (depending on how big your trays are) with aluminum foil. Evenly spread your vegetable/bean mixture on these trays.
4. Roast for 40-50 min (cook time varies if you are using 1 or 2 trays) or until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked and the vegetables and beans are lightly browned. Make sure to mix your vegetables with a spatula halfway through cooking.
5. While your mixture cooks, create the tahini sauce in a small bowl.
6. When the veggie/bean mixture is done cooking, drizzle with the tahini sauce and serve immediately!