In honor of the inaugural Downtown Billings Restaurant Week Oct. 5-13, here are some interesting facts and findings that you may or may not know about restaurants and eateries in downtown.
- Stella's Kitchen recently celebrated its 40th anniversary of service to downtown Billings, making it the longest-running single-owner public restaurant still in operation downtown.
- Downtown Billings has more than 25 outdoor patios and seating areas to enjoy fresh air with family and friends.
- Do you love wine? Stop at Bin 119, Jake’s, Walker's, The Lilac or The Fieldhouse for extensive world-class wines! Bin 119 boasts more than 100 varieties on its menu.
- Looking for locally sourced ingredients like organic produce from Kate’s Garden; or meat, eggs, milk and cheese from local producers? Here are a few places to look: The Lilac, Last Chance Cider House, Seva Kitchen, The Fieldhouse, The Annex, Sassy Biscuit, Le Fournil, Veronika’s Pastry Shop, Harper and Madison, Walker's, Jake's, Stacked and Guido’s Pizza.
- Are you in the mood for octopus? Well, you are in luck. You will find it on the Seva Kitchen menu.
- Owner and chef Jeremy Engebretson of The Lilac was a semifinalist for a James Beard Award.
- The Burger Dive has been featured on Man vs. Food and won Best Burger in the World in 2016. It is one of the top 10 burger joints in the U.S. according to Trip Advisor.