- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 pineapple rings
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in separate bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until slightly lumpy.
- Let the mix rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat coconut milk and sugar in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the coconut milk mixture by half and keep warm.
Pineapple Topping and Assembly
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees.
- Heat an 8 inch nonstick oven safe pan over medium heat then add ¼ of the butter, ¼ of the brown sugar and one pineapple ring.
- Brown the pineapple in the butter and brown sugar then pour ¾ of a cup of pancake batter over the pineapple ring and place in the oven and bake until pancakes are set.
- Turn the pancake upside down (pineapple side up) on a plate and serve with warm coconut syrup.
- Repeat process or use a 12-14 inch skillet for one large pancake and cut into wedges.