This Aspen-born mountain girl never thought she would end up being a city dweller, but the Mile High City has become home for the interior designer, wife, and mother of three for the past seven years. Anna began her design pursuits in Lake Tahoe with the design firm Studio Lambiotte (StudioLambiotte.com), after getting recognized for the distinct aesthetic of her own home. Recognized by friends in the industry, she started taking on clients, bringing her natural talent to each space she touched. This self-proclaimed ‘renegade designer’ is proving that with intuition, intelligence and creativity, who needs formal training to succeed?
Anna has been a designer for 15 years now gaining experience in the industry through hands-on and independent projects (she has never worked for a design firm or studied design in school). What she does have is a BA in Art History and an MBA from the Darden School of Business, allowing her unique balance of analytical and creative prowess to soar. Between her and her three female employees, Studio Lambiotte works with homeowners as well as real estate and commercial developers to conceptualize and create incredible spaces both in urban and mountain locales across the state. Her aesthetic is based on a neutral palette using classic concepts while balancing contemporary ideas with vintage pieces. She also celebrates the natural light a structure has within and enjoys connecting the outdoors to the in while adding bits of color and textures to an overall serene space.
“A space should feel comfortable and grounded, and then you can add a pop of color here or a crazy lamp over there,” says Anna. “I want homeowners to walk into a room and feel good, and oftentimes that means you have to edit.”
She runs her business in a very collaborative way, working closely with architects, builders, and the client in order to achieve the same goal, which might not always be an easy process, but nonetheless achieves gorgeous results.
Although life in Denver is far different from the mountains, she values the people here for their friendliness and the immense support from the local community.
“People lift each other up here, they want you to succeed! Specifically with women business owners in Denver, from the design studios to the showrooms,” shares Anna. “It’s a fun and exciting time to be creating spaces here in Denver, I feel very fortunate.”
This Designer's 7 Favorite Things about Denver
1. Homebody - I always want everything in this store—it’s dangerous.
2. Modern Nomad - An amazing store that celebrates local/small businesses. I buy most of my runners here and they have fantastic vintage pieces.
3. Bloom - I’m a sucker for monthly orchids (and all things green) and amazing ball candles.
4. Broncos at Mile High - It's my happy place.
5. Amy Elaine skincare - This woman is a magician and the most chill lady you can share an hour with.
6. Movement is key to my well being, and these people SAVE me: The Studio - Sara Fox; Soul Cycle - Dylan Hurwich; Fierce45 - Erica & V
7. Easy access to the high country, forever and always.