Why should you do 100 per day?
- Requires no equipment and very little space
- Increases whole body strength, especially core, shoulders, triceps, chest and arms
- Elevates your heart rate
- Efficient (won’t take more than five minutes)
How should you do 100 pushups per day
- Start modified, on knees with hands directly under shoulders
- Hips forward
- Core engaged
- Keep hips, spine and head aligned
- Lower body towards hands, slow and controlled
- Hover chest over hands then press back up to starting
- Week 1 - 50 pushups a day
- Week 2 - 60 pushups a day
- Week 3 - 70 pushups a day
- Week 4 - 80 pushups a day
- Week 5 - 90 pushups a day
- Week 6 - BOOM - 100 pushups a day
Do them all at once, or in increments of 10 every hour.
Modify on your knees at first (or even stand at a counter top) then begin to substitute in a few on your toes.
There is a great sense of accomplishment in doing something you build up on your own. Starting small is always better than not starting at all.
Follow Shawna Wright @fusionfitnesskc