Cheers to the holiday season with Of The Earth Farm Distillery’s signature product - their apple brandy. The distillery, based in the rolling hills of Richmond in northwest Missouri, picks the apples from their orchard and turns the forbidden fruit into a sweet, barrel-aged spirit. Both of the following cocktail recipes feature local products and are the perfect refreshments to get you in the holiday spirit.
Wisconsin-Inspired Old Fashioned
Yields: 1 cocktail
1 Maraschino cherry
1 orange slice
2 oz. Of The Earth Distillery’s Apple Brandy
½ oz. simple syrup
3 dashes of bitters
½ C. ice cubes
3 apples slices (thin) for garnish
1. In a shaker, muddle the cherry and orange slice.
2. Add the Apple Brandy, simple syrup, bitters, and ice cubes to the shaker.
3. With a long metal spoon, stir the cocktail mix in the shaker.
4. Pour the cocktail in a highball glass.
5. Garnish your drink by skewering the apples with a cocktail pick.
Spiced Apple Cocktail
Yields: 2 cocktails
1 C. Louisburg Cider Mill Apple Cider
½ c. Of The Earth’s Distillery Apple Brandy
½ c. ginger beer
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. pumpkin spice
2 cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Chill two martini glasses several hours before serving.
2. In a shaker, combine the apple cider, apple brandy, ginger beer, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice.
3. Shake until thoroughly combined (10-15 seconds)
4. Pour the cocktail evenly between two chilled martini glasses.
5. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.