If you are anything like me I look for ways to cook faster. I want to eat healthy but I do not have all day to do it. This is why I love sheet pan meals! They are fantastic if you need something quick. Here are a few of my favorites.
Sweet Potatoes and Black Bean Hash
- Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen, canned, or roasted corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet with coconut or avocado oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, black beans, and corn in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Add the avocado oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Bake, stirring halfway through, until the sweet potatoes are tender, 15 to 18 minutes total. Remove the pan from the oven and create 6 wells in the vegetables. Gently crack an egg into each well, keeping the yolk intact (or break if preferred); season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, limes or salsa.
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- dash of red chili pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips (thighs will also work)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place sliced peppers and onions on baking sheet, top with sliced chicken. Sprinkle spice mixture and garlic on chicken. Top all ingredients with avocado oil and mix until well combined.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Place tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven the last 5 minutes of cooking to heat through.
- Once the chicken and peppers are out of the oven, drizzle lime juice over the top and mix together.
- Serve in tortillas
- Suggested toppings - cilantro, salsa, avocado, cashew cheese, cashew yogurt
Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1 pound thin/medium asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium uncooked peeled tailless and deveined shrimp* (You can buy frozen shrimp already deveined and with no tails)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a Sheet Pan with foil and lightly grease with avocado oil.
- Add asparagus and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 minced garlic clove, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Toss until evenly coated then line asparagus in a single layer. Roast for 4-6 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove pan from oven and push asparagus to one side of the pan (keep in a single layer). Add shrimp and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 2-3 minced garlic cloves (or more to taste), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes and fresh parsley. Toss until evenly coated then line shrimp in a single layer.
- Roast for 6 minutes or just until shrimp is opaque.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle with lemon juice. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta, rice, etc.
- Serve over gf pasta, rice, quinoa.
Chicken and Veggies
- 2 medium chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Serve over quinoa or rice.
The great thing about sheet pan meals is you can swap in any protein or vegetables you and your family enjoy. So you can make them every week and just mix it up. These also work great if you are food prepping. Once they are done split them up into to go containers and you are ready to grab and go!