Well if you know me then you know that I am a serious smoothie junkie! I love developing new recipes and of course indulging in them! The key to a great smoothie is not just about how yummy it is but also making sure that there is a balance between healthy fats, protein and fiber all while keeping it as low in sugar as possible.
Nothing goes together better than avocado and lime especially when making homemade guacamole but for this “don’t knock it until you try it” smoothie we’ve got all the benefits of healthy fats and fiber not to mention gut-healing ingredients.
- avocados are packed with healthy fats essential for brain support, healthy cholesterol levels and energy.
- limes detox our liver and alkaline our body
- spinach is packed with fiber and vitamin k
- green bananas are key prebiotic warriors that improve gut health
- collagen is great for hair, skin and nails but new research shows that collagen also supports gut health
- L-glutamine is key for repairing our gut and maintaining gut health
- sea salt is provides essential minerals, aids in hydration and supports adrenals
AVOCADO LIME SMOOTHIE
- 1/2 of an avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/2 green banana
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp collagen powder
- 1/4 tsp L-glutamine
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 4 ice cubes
Please all ingredients in your favorite blender, mine being VITAMIX, blend & enjoy!
A healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be complicated. What’s fun for me is getting in the kitchen and playing around with ingredients. It’s totally ok to create recipes that work for your taste buds so get in there and make it happen!
Cheers to your best life!
Check out my recipe for my Green Girl Detox Smoothie