Patty Lacourte has served clients throughout the tri-state area through her design firm. For over 25 years, she has curated residential and commercial interior designs inspired by her travels to London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, and Tokyo. Thus, she brings a global perspective and influence to every project.
Along with Patty’s full interior design services, she offers “in-home” shopping to help her clients choose the right upholstery, wallpaper, lighting, and accessories. Her bespoke collections offer the exceptional pieces needed to make your home feel complete by creating beautiful, timeless décors that are meant to be lived in and enjoyed with comfort and sophistication.
With spring on the way, you may wish to check out Patty’s advice on freshening up your home for the warmer weather.
Top Ten Ways To Bring Spring Into Your Home
1. Choose a bright and happy wallpaper to bring life into a powder room or master bathroom.
2. Give your kitchen or family room a refreshed look by selecting a new paint scheme. Check out the 2021 trending colors such as Benjamin Moore's Beacon Hill Damask or Atrium White.
3. Lighten up your bedroom or living areas with a furniture piece or two wrapped in grasscloth and accented with gold or nickel hardware.
4. Accent your favorite sitting room with a lacquered side table or a lucite coffee table to create interest.
5. Use floral arrangements and leafy fig trees to give any space an airy, springtime look.
6. A simple way to give a room an updated and spring look is to define the space with an area rug. Try using an indoor/outdoor rug that comes in a multitude of designs and colors.
7. Create more storage in your room by using functional furniture with drawers and shelving such as nightstands, side tables, and etageres.
8. Make a room cozier with window treatments. Both panels and Roman shades are simple treatments that can give your room a pop of color and a fresh look.
9. Lighting in any room is essential to brighten it up. Use shapely lamps with simple shades or even a fabulous ceiling fixture, whether flush mount or chandelier, to illuminate the room and pull it all together.
10. The finishing touch in any room lies in its decorative accessories.
Don’t overcrowd your space. Use purposeful items, such as beautiful trays, boxes, and clocks, sprinkle in small floral arrangements and picture frames. Reupholstering is a wonderful way to bring new life to old pieces. It is amazing how a few simple coats of finish and carefully sourced fabric can create a beautiful statement look.
Whatever suggestions you choose, keep your look simple and fun--and be sure to bring out your unique, personal style!