With long days and beautiful weather, it's time to fire up the grill. Instead of the usual hotdogs and hamburgers, try this tasty kabob from the Oklahoma Beef Council.
Classic Beef Kabobs
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak cut 1-inch thick
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 medium red, yellow, or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cut beef Top Sirloin Boneless steak into 1-inch pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in large bowl. Add beef, mushrooms, bell pepper pieces and onion pieces; toss to coat.
Alternately thread beef and vegetable pieces evenly onto eight 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small spaces between pieces.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.