Western Wiffleball Classic: Presented by Little League Wiffleball
Saturday, October 24 | 9:00 AM | Scottsdale
- Saturday: 9 AM—6 PM
7408 E Osborn Rd
All ages are invited to join us for the 2020 Western Wiffleball Classic: Presented by Little League Wiffleball at Scottsdale Stadium on October 24, 2020.
32 Teams will compete in a tournament at the Spring Training home of the San Francisco Giants. Games are 4 innings or 35 minutes whichever comes first. All teams are guaranteed 3 games before 16 teams proceed to the single elimination playoffs. First and second place teams will receive a commemorative trophy.
Players can participate in a home run derby in between games. The cost is $5 per person.
This event has been approved by the City of Scottsdale and will adhere to all CDC Guidelines. Please visit www.cdc.gov for more details.
- Each team can have 3 to 5 players. All ages are welcome.
- Defense will have 3 players, which includes the pitcher.
- No base running. There will be designated singles, doubles, triples and home runs.
- Teams will need to bring their own bats and balls, which will be inspected before play. Scuffing is allowed, but no other advantages.
- Teams are required to dress in the same color.
- Players are required to wear a mask when not playing.
- There will be a $5 charge to participate in the day-long home run derby, which can also be paid onsite.
- Please see a full list of rules for the tournament and home run derby below.
- Please restrict your guests to a minimal amount for the safety of all. Friends and Family passes are available for $5 through the Eventbrite event page or at the door. Youth under 13 years of age are free. Please note only team members and those with a friends and family pass will be admitted to the event. Player entry is covered by team registration fee.
- All guests will be required to bring their own masks, seating, blankets, etc. and social distancing will be required.
- This event is not open to the general public.
- The following items are not permitted in the stadium: illegal drugs, fireworks, firearms or weapons of any kind, pepper spray, and outside food and beverage (except for one sealed, plastic bottle of water). All bags are subject to search upon entering the stadium.
- All players and guests not actively playing, eating or drinking will be required to wear a mask.
- Upon arrival all players, attendees and staff will be surveyed for symptoms and possible exposure. Anyone who is sick, exhibiting symptoms or has been exposed in the past 14 days to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed entrance into the stadium.
- Team members will have their temperatures checked upon arrival. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will not be allowed onsite.
- All players must sign the player waiver, stating they accept the risk of exposure and cannot hold the City of Scottsdale, Scottsdale Stadium or organizers liable, to participate.
- If a guest is exhibiting signs of illness, he or she will be removed from the grounds. Please also report any such behavior.
- All attendees will be required to maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from people not in their party. Guests not adhering to social distancing will be removed.
- Teams will be invited from the Phoenix Metro and Tucson areas.
For more information, please visit LittleLeagueWiffleball.com