Acai bowls are favorite summertime snacks. Especially when enjoyed outdoors, they’re a great way to pack in fresh seasonal fruits and they serve as an efficient way to use frozen fruit. Traditionally eaten for breakfast, this meal is enjoyable at all hours of the day due to its nourishing qualities and dessert-like taste.
- 1 to 2 ounces of açaí puree (frozen packs from Trader Joe's work well)
- 1/2 banana, frozen or fresh
- A handful of strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 10-12 blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- Dash of milk (option to substitute almond or coconut milk)
- A handful of ice cubes
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder for a sweeter taste
Blend ingredients. To top it off, decorate your bowl. This is the fun part, and there’s no creative limit. Arrange toppings in a pattern to make it Instagram-worthy! This can include: strawberries, bananas, kiwi, granola, chia seeds, honey, more almond butter or coconut flakes.