Recipe for Eliminating Homework Battles
- Homework completed on campus
- Silent and Social Homework Cafés for homework completion
- Academic support from qualified Homework Café Teachers
- Personalized one-to-one learning
- Customized scheduling
- Materials provided, including books and laptops
At Fusion Academy Rockville, helping children succeed academically, socially and emotionally goes into everything they do and is a huge part of the non-traditional school experience. The director of the Homework Café provides an environment that assists students in homework completion, which puts them on a positive path to developing better relationships with family and friends after school by decreasing the potential stress of school anxiety.
Recipe for Meaningful Social Engagement
- Homework Café dedicated to social interaction and academics
- Student clubs and field trips
- Community service projects
- Student leadership opportunities including Student Ambassadors Group
- Friday group enrichment classes
- Prom and graduation ceremonies
The Homework Café is the heart and social hub for students at Fusion. As no two students learn the same, no two students have the same schedule, making socializing with other students is a priority next to academics. Through building a safe and supportive culture, the community always comes together during lunch and between classes to connect. Students can participate in clubs that include Yearbook, Athletics, Art, Music and Student Ambassadors. Field trips range from laser tag or rock climbing to a tour of Washington, D.C. led by a history teacher.
Recipe for Student-Centered Wellness
- One-to-one teacher/mentor-to-student ratio
- Healthy Habits and Life Skills classes
- Physical Wellness and Yoga
- Creative expression through Art and Technology
- State-of-the-art Music, Recording Studio, Maker Space and Tech Lab
- Compassionate community building
Incorporating the philosophy of love, motivate, teach, students at Fusion can personalize their experience through a deeper connection with their selected teacher/mentor. Students can also enjoy a school that caters to their individual interests through hands-on self-expression with a professional art and graphic design studio, wellness classes, Maker Space and Tech Lab.