Love is definitely in the air with Valentine's Day this week! Are you stuck on what to get a loved one...or even yourself? We should all treat ourselves this year and I have 5 fantastic local Houston businesses to get some seriously amazing Valentine's Day goodies, 2 of which are Food Network's Christmas Cookie Challenge and Spring Baking Championship contestants! First up...
Allan Hursig is the owner and head baker of The Bearded Baker, the first of two of my local Houston "celebrity bakers" featured in this article! With cookies that remind me of my childhood growing up in England, it's easy to see why Allan was chosen to compete in the Christmas Cookie Challenge in December 2019! Take a look at what The Bearded Baker, aptly named, is offering this Valentine's Day:
- Hand-decorate sugar cookie box sets
- Chocolate strawberry flavored macarons
- Valentine decorated cakelettes in each flavor - vanilla cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, dark chocolate cake with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream, and dark chocolate cake with peanut butter swiss meringue buttercream
- Chocolate covered strawberry cakelette - dark chocolate cake with a strawberry filling and decorated with a chocolate ganache and garnished with chocolate-covered strawberries.
I think I will take one of each!
I first discovered Macaron by Patisse in 2013 and hands down they make the BEST macarons in Houston! This Valentine's Day they are offering a box of 4 delicious flavored macarons:
- Dark chocolate dipped strawberry
- Raspberry rose
- Strawberry champagne
- Chocolate cherry
The perfect gift!
Our second local celebrity baker of the day, a former contestant on the Spring Baking Championship on the Food Network, Christine! Christine's bakery in Sugar Land is well-known for her baked Mochi donuts after making them on an episode of the food competition! Now we can safely say,
Houston we have a mochi!
Aside from the Duff Goldman approved donut, Christine creates and bakes magical cakes and cookies too! Take a look at The Sweet Boutique Bakery Valentine's Day offerings this year:
- Heart macarons. Flavors - Pink Champagne, White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Ganache, Salted Caramel, Strawberry and Rose.
- Chocolate Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs
Seeing as hot chocolate bombs are all the trend right now, I can wait to try one!
Photo credit: The Sweet Boutique Bakery
The best chocolatiers in Houston! From the moment you step into Cacao and Cardamom, you'll be in awe of the amazing, what I can only call it, little pieces of art! Not only do the chocolates look unbelievably stunning, but the chocolate flavors are equally as wonderful. Unique, delicious, and taste-bud provoking! Here are the flavors Cacao and Cardamom are offering this Valentine's Day:
- Champagne and Strawberries
- Cilantro Lime
- Almond Coriander Praline
- Triple Berry Cheesecake
- Star Anise and Honey
- Vanilla Panna Cotta
- Fig and Goat Cheese
- Banana Pudding
- Raspberry Pistachio
If you can't choose just one like me, you have the option of different sized Valentine's Day gift boxes to purchase!
A wonderful bakery right up my street - a mix between delicious cookies, cupcakes, and macarons with Indian street food! It doesn't get any better, you can satisfy your sweet and savory tooth in one go! This year Beena has a great selection of Valentine's Day treats:
- Valentines Day Truffles 6 for $15 and 12 for $24
- Valentines Day cookies $36 for a dozen
- Heart-shaped macarons for $24 a dozen
- Chocolate covered strawberries for $30 a dozen
- Cake for 2 - date night $20
My all-time favorite are chocolate covered strawberries so I know what I'll be getting!
There you have it! My top 5 Houston bakers/sweet makers each offering their own unique Valentine's Day treats!