Have you ever had these intrusive thoughts?
My weight is the highest it's ever been.
I've done a number of weight loss diets.
I have workout equipment at home that I intended to use (for ex: peloton) but don’t use it.
I am a hot mess when it comes to my diet…. I literally find myself eating my kids' snacks, random drive thru, sweets, drinking my calories, etc. because I have no routine or mindfulness with my eating. I feel like a lost cause.
I am super social… and I am annoyed that I would have to go on another diet because it's summer and I don’t want to give up these moments and all the temptation is there.
I need significant weight loss, to make healthier choices, to have a sustainable "track" to follow, to understand easy/quick meal ideas; to be provided encouragement; accountability without nagging…
If you can relate to any of the above thoughts, then you are exactly like my client that just finished my 3 month 1-on-1 coaching package. These are literally verbatim words she typed in her onboarding form.
Before working together, she had:
- A weight watcher mindset (I have to eat low point foods and starve myself all day)
- Fear of failure because she had failed at so many other diets + her lifestyle she is constantly around social events with her kids, neighbors, work, etc.
- She had no idea how to fit in “fun” moments in her life because of so many years of the “all or nothing” mentality and lots of restriction + binging.
- She had intentions of exercise but never prioritized it (example: she bought a peloton, but it sat and collected dust).
What Gray Nutrition did to help her:
- Taught her how to prepare her environment for success with EASY items so she felt it was doable. We did this through meal planning, prepping, and bulk cooking. Also stocking up on easy to grab and go Costco items.
- Gave her strategies on how to fit fun food in her day: desserts, alcohol, McD’s, diet cokes, etc.
- Showed her how metabolism actually works to get her body burning fat (aka walking away from weight watcher mentality)
- Provided weekly support and encouragement to help her feel accountable every step of the way.
What were the RESULTS?
She is over 8lbs down and still seeing progress! She is 1000x more confident in herself when it comes to social gatherings where she can be mindful, trust her body, and still have a good time. Experiencing less stress around food choices because she knows what she needs to eat to push her progress and how to shop for her household to make it doable. She has implemented an effective exercise program of STRENGTH training + using that peloton and is continuing to work on making that consistent.
So much has changed for her both mentally and physically with just a few small tweaks in her lifestyle!
If you feel you need help with how to create a nutrition plan that is customized to you, please reach out! I would be more than happy to help!