City Lifestyle

Want to start a publication?

Learn More

Featured Article

Agent of Legends

Toni Tygart of RE/MAX Elite

After more than 5,000 real estate transactions and nearly 35 years of experience, Toni Tygart has built a name that people remember. As a broker associate at RE/MAX Elite, Tygart has been selling Lee’s Summit, the Lake Communities, and beyond with legendary results.

“Loving what I do” is the formula Tygart credits for making her one of the top agents in eastern Jackson County: “I love helping people. I love the challenge, and I don’t ever quit.”

That persistence was on display just last week when Tygart was able to help a friend of hers—a seasoned realtor with 20 years’ experience—sell a home sitting on the market for seven years. Proof that Tygart has the skills to go the distance. 

“I have no desire to retire,” Tygart says. “I loves sales, and I still want to sell houses and work with people. The only difference is I have learned how to balance my life. Today, I attract clients who are especially drawn to a professional who’s been in the industry awhile and knows how to take care of them.”

Tygart says 80 percent of her business is past clients or referrals, including second-generation families. The other 20 percent is due to her reputation built upon name recognition. Tygart says she enjoys working with first-time buyers who trust her opinion to steer them in the right direction and to fully decode the contract, which some people don’t even read because it can now run 60 pages or more.

“I take care of people which is why I have so much referral business,” Tygart says. “The commission check is not more important than doing what’s right. I believe in being professional and ethical.”

The first year that RE/MAX created its highest and most prestigious award, the RE/MAX Circle of Legends, Tygart met the stringent conditions to qualify—a feat that has taken other agents decades to accomplish, if at all. (She was one of only 11 agents out of 123,000 worldwide to earn this distinction.) Tygart has earned numerous distinctions over the years (see list) and has designations in Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Graduate of the Realtor® (GRI), Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource Specialist (SFR), and Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE).

Tygart began her real estate career in the ‘80s. As a Lakewood resident with experience in interior decorating, Tygart thought selling neighborhood houses would be a fun, part-time job which has grown into a full-time position. Her passion for matching clients with their dream homes was an instant connection, winning her Rookie-of-the-Year in her first year of real estate. She credits her late husband, Rodger, for much of her success.

“Rodger was the driving force behind my phenomenal sales career,” Tygart says. “He dreamed that one day I would be recognized as one of the Top 10 RE/MAX agents worldwide. I fulfilled his prophecy the year before he died.”

Although Tygart’s business territory has widened, her heart remains in Lakewood. She has built her third personal home there where she resides with her 4-year-old, 95-pound goldendoodle, Cooper. “Everybody knows Cooper,” Tygart says. 

When Tygart isn’t helping clients, she enjoys traveling the world, playing golf, and contributing to her favorite upcoming charity event, St. Luke’s East’s BOO BALL, scheduled for Oct. 19. As one of the 10 original committee members, Tygart has been involved since its inception 10 years ago: “It’s the largest fundraiser in the whole St. Luke’s system and has raised more money than any other St. Luke’s charity event.”

For more information, contact:

Toni Tygart, Broker Associate, Re/Max Elite


Toni’s Career Achievements

  • RE/MAX Circle of Legends (one of only 11 agents out of 123,000 worldwide)
  • RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement Award
  • RE/MAX Hall of Fame  
  • RE/MAX Top 100 agents in U.S. and Top 10 agents worldwide
  • RE/MAX Platinum Club  
  • RE/MAX Chairman's Club  
  • RE/MAX Millennium Club  
  • Licensed Broker in Missouri and Kansas
  • ABR, CRS, GRI, SFR and CDPE designations
  • Life Member, Board of Realtors 

“Being a professional, I knew that I wanted to work with a professional. Toni and her Team made this possible with the expert care, time and attention put in to every aspect of listing and buying our new home.”—Rick and Robin Sutcliffe


“We’ve had the pleasure of buying and selling our homes with Toni Tygart. Her experience as a realtor is unmatched. Her advice on selling our home was spot-on, and the beautiful listing photos helped sell it in just one weekend for $10K over asking price. Her upbeat personality made working with her a complete joy... she's a total class act.” —Trina and Warren Bruce, Lee’s Summit