Built by the generosity of the community, the Food Bank's new state-of-the-art headquarters facility and hunger action center, volunteer center and office building will enable them to distribute more food, engage more volunteers, and ultimately grow healthier futures for neighbors in need.
· The Food Bank distributed 71.7 million pounds of food and grocery products last fiscal year. 22% of those products were fresh produce.
· The Food Bank is distributing between 40-50% more food each week than the same period one year ago.
· The Food Bank has seen a 300% increase in inquiries from people seeking food assistance, since the beginning of the pandemic.
· 1 in 6 Georgians are food insecure, and 1 in 4 children in Georgia are food insecure.
· Atlanta Community Food Bank's has a 29-county service area.
· Fulton county has a 17.5% food insecurity rate or 178,830 people
The Atlanta Community Food Bank relies on more than 15,000 volunteers every year in various capacities. Individual volunteers and volunteer groups lend support to their day-to-day operations as well as helping to staff special events and other opportunities. For more information or to find out how to volunteer, visit ACFB.org.
Atlanta Community Food Bank: 3400 North Desert Dr. Atlanta, GA