Looking for something sweet, tart, and slightly boozy? Fence Stile Vineyards and Winery's Chef Pete Dulin has just the thing--blackberry lemon sangria. Using a blackberry concentrate inspired by last summer's harvest, this tipple is balanced and pairs well with patios and friends.
- 2 quarts fresh blackberries (or substitute 2 16-oz. packages of frozen fruit)
- 1/2 cup water (or substitute red wine such as Fence Stile's Chambourcin for added flavor)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Boil blackberries, cinnamon, and water (or wine) in a large pot. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes until fruit is soft. Remove from heat and let cool. Drain excess juice through a wire mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a large bowl. Reserve pulp. Put roughly 1/2 to 1 cup of pulp in the strainer and use the back of a large spoon to press juice into the bowl. Repeat to press all pulp and discard remainder.
Blackberry Lemon Sangria
- 1 bottle Fence Stile Vidal Blanc
- 2 cups high-quality lemonade
- 1 cup blackberry concentrate
Combine ingredients into a large pitcher or dispenser with a spout. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve with blackberry garnish.