Embrace the spirit of gratitude with the cherished Texas pecan pie this Thanksgiving, featuring its iconic blend of a crisp, buttery crust and a rich, gooey pecan filling. Make your holiday celebration gathering complete with the comforting flavors of Texas pecan pie. For all your baking necessities, be sure to visit Faraday's Kitchen Store in Bee Cave at 12918 Shops Pkwy #540, TX 78738.
- 1 (9-inch) Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 pouches (1 1/2 cups) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw a 9-inch piecrust. Place on parchment lined cookie tray. Pour pecan halves or pieces in pie shell and set aside.
- Using a whisk combine evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and melted butter. Whisk in brown sugar and granulated sugar. Pour filling over pecans; pecans will float to surface.
- Place in oven at 400°F. After 10 minutes reduce heat to 350°F and bake until center no longer trembles, about 35-45 minutes. Enjoy!