1) Board and batten is consistently being used in designs, while also being unique each time. Sometimes it's to add height to the room, other times it's at eye level to add dimension to a flat space. Varying in color too.
3) Wallpaper is making a comeback! Perfect for special bedrooms and powder rooms. It adds interest to a room instantly and provides a springboard for accessorizing.
4) Trim and doors painted colors other than white can add dimension and character to the room and hallway. Look for complementing colors and pull in hues from adjoining areas for a cohesive look.
5) Bold color options that transform spaces. You can do this with something as simple as a rug or throw blanket, or blow it up with a set of accent chairs or sectional. It’s a fun way to make a statement in your home or simply bring a smile to your face.
6) A personal favorite: styling and designing with contrast in mind. This spring we’re tossing out the matchy-matchy look and shaking things up a bit. Two of the easiest rooms to style this way are the bedroom and dining room. Refresh your matching dining room set by getting new dining chairs or sideboards. A new set of nightstands or accent chairs in your bedroom is a simple way to achieve this.