Walter Johnson’s Aaron Jones has spent his entire life proving no obstacle is too great to overcome. Jones was born deaf, but has never allowed his diagnosis to serve as a limitation.
A scholar-athlete, Aaron excels on and off the field. His athletic and academic prowess has earned him scholarship opportunities from many of the nation’s top academic institutions.
Here is what he’s thankful for:
1. My counselor at Walter Johnson, Mrs. Sorensen. She checks on me from time-to-time, making sure I’m doing well in class, in spite of how busy she is.
2. I’m thankful for my teammates at Walter Johnson, because of the friendships they provide and the work they put in to make the team successful.
3. I’m thankful for my head coach, Larry Hurd for giving me an opportunity to showcase my talents on the football field.
4. I’m thankful for all my coaches: football, basketball, and track. Every coach has taught me something about life and prepared me for the next level.
5. I’m thankful to have my family in my corner. My Parents, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles have been supportive and made sure I have everything I need to be successful.