L’Academie School of Baking & Cooking is a welcomed addition to the Gilbert community, offering a cozy, hands-on experience to learn the art of cooking. Among the most popular classes are the Couple’s Workshops. It is the perfect night out for those looking to learn and indulge together.
“Couples will enjoy spending 2-3 hours of their evening cooking up a complete meal from appetizer to dessert. "We do not exceed more than 6 couples on Date Nights, creating an unrushed, comfortable experience for our customers.” Themes such as "An Evening in Athens", "Date Night in Venice", and an upcoming "Exploring Thai Flavors" are some of the many options. The best part is sitting down and enjoying the meal together after preparation. Easy registration is available at www.lacademieschool.com/
Strawberry Panna Cotta
- 12 oz. Heavy Cream
- 2 oz Sugar
- 2ea or 5g Leaf Gelatin or Powder Gelatin
- 2 tablespoon Cold water (if using powder gelatin)
- 1/2 oz Liquor (optional) For Sauce
- 1 pint Fresh Strawberries
- 1 oz Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Water
1. Bloom the gelatin leaf in ice cold water
2. Warm the cream with the sugar until it reaches a temperature of about 98 degrees
3. Drop in the bloomed gelatin and mix until dissolved and add in the flavoring or liquor without adding air bubbles into the mixture
4. Pour into a frozen glass at an angle and allow to set in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours
5. Before serving, cook the fresh strawberries with some sugar over low heat until they break down.
6. Then puree and strain them through a strainer
7. Allow to cool before pouring into the glass with the set panna cotta (serves 4)
(page 3 content)
(headline) L'Academie School of Baking & Cooking
3244 E Guadalupe Rd. Ste 107, Gilbert
L'Academie was always on the back of Chef Dan's mind as a concept that he wanted to bring to Gilbert. After being in the food industry for more than 30 years, and with more than 12 years of experience being a Chef Instructor at various institutions such as the Cordon Bleu and the Art Institute of Phoenix, he decided to find the perfect spot to showcase his culinary talents in his hometown of Gilbert. Chef Dan primarily instructs the Pastry and Baking workshops; he is flanked by the equally experienced and talented Chef Martinez who instructs all the Cooking classes.