Atlantic is becoming more active, so now is the time to prepare Houston!! We are no strangers to the damage a hurricane can cause, so we urge you to be ready in the event the Gulf becomes a target.
Important tips to prepare before and during a hurricane
- Make an emergency plan and practice it.
- Build an emergency preparedness kit.
- Have many ways to receive alerts. .
- Ensure important documents are up to date and in a safe place.
- Consider flood insurance if you live in a flood-prone area and have insurance company number available in case of properly damage.
- Emergency power sources such as flashlights (don't forget extra batteries).
- Safety and personal items.
- Plenty of perishable food and of course water