I think every girl was programmed to love fall on some level. Something about that chill in the air and cute sweaters really gets our hearts pumping. Many people have written the rest of 2020 off. Packing up their bags and heading for 2021 as a fresh start. I too hope for a fresh start in 2021 but I have not given up hope for this year just yet. COVID has made me truly live and appreciate every day, one day at a time. You can only plan so far, then comes God. Even though I don't have a calendar full of fall events this year, I still have complied my annual fall bucket list.
The RVA Fall Bucket List
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies
- Go camping at Westmoreland State Park
- Hike Lake Anna State Park
- Have a bonfire with friends and s'mores!
- Go to the pumpkin patch at Ashland Berry Farm
- Start taking care of my self care
- Enjoy my favorite fall festival at Hanover Vegetable Farm
- Carve pumpkins Create festive fall cocktails for me and my hubby
- Visit Carter Mountain for apple picking and fresh apple cider donuts
- Have a pie baking contest with me and my girls
- Try out new fall shades in my beauty routine
- Go thrift shopping for cozy fall sweaters at Ashby, Clementine, It's Chic again and Buffalo Exchange
- Decorate the house for fall
- Enjoy nature on an evening fall stroll
- Celebrate our first anniversary as husband and wife!
- Watch football (since we can't be there in person)
- Eat too much candy corn
- Watch Practical Magic
- Write fall "thinking of you letters" to friends
- Jump in the leaves, you are never too old!
I hope these ideas inspire you to continue to enjoy the fall season, even in unpredictable years like 2020.