With the warmer weather upon us, it's fun to think of ways to unwind with the smells and tastes of the Thanksgiving season. You can serve this up by the fire inside or outside while enjoying friends and family time together.
Here's a recipe for a classic fall cocktail, the "Spiced Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail." This delicious drink combines the warm flavors of apple cider and bourbon with a touch of spice and citrus.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 4 oz fresh apple cider
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- Ground cinnamon and sugar for rimming the glass (optional)
Rim the Glass (Optional): If you want to add a decorative touch, mix a small amount of ground cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge and gently dip it into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat the rim.
Prepare the Cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add the bourbon, fresh apple cider, lemon juice, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Shake well for about 15-20 seconds to chill and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Strain and Serve:
- Fill a rocks glass with fresh ice cubes.
- Strain the cocktail mixture from the shaker into the glass.
Add Bitters and Garnish:
- Add 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters to the top of the cocktail. This adds a pleasant aromatic complexity.
- Stir gently with a cinnamon stick to incorporate the bitters.
Garnish and Enjoy:
- Optionally, garnish your cocktail with a slice of apple and another cinnamon stick for a festive look.
Serve: Present your Spiced Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail to your guests and enjoy the warm, comforting flavors of fall!
Feel free to adjust the sweetness by adding more or less simple syrup according to your taste preferences. You can also experiment with different types of bourbon for subtle flavor variations. Enjoy your fall-inspired cocktail responsibly!