A wide range of emotions come forth in the Fall as crisp air kisses the skin and the leaves start their transformation from curbside eye candy to a coveted position in the biggest leaf pile on the block. Cozy. Comfort. Nostalgia. A little overwhelmed. Some melancholy. And if you’re a true midwesterner, hunger for a satisfying meal after a summer full of salads taking center stage.
No matter if you have a house full of kids, fur babies make up your crew or there’s a revolving door of grandkid spoiling at your house, this time of year is busy. Coupled with the eagerness to enjoy everything this enchanting season brings; it can be hard to keep up. Not to mention filling the bellies of those you care for isn’t always easy, regardless of the season. Taco Tuesday can only disguise itself as Mexican Food Monday or Fiesta Friday so many times before your people rebel and reach for the nearest box of cereal.
What if you, rocking your best flannel of course, could set yourself up for success with a new cookbook to prepare for those nights when you just “can’t.” In addition to saving yourself time and angst, keep it interesting and add a few new meals to your repertoire! How do Chicken Romano Meatballs or Ultimate Creamy Mac and Cheese (4 ways!) sound? Instead of spending your precious Fall trying to fit it all in, let these cookbooks take a little pressure off, providing you with all the coziness, comfort, and contentment you deserve. Then, because no well-rounded Fall meal is complete without one, toss a pumpkin-spiced latte on the side.
1. The Home Cook: Recipes to Know by Heart: A Cookbook by Alex Guarnaschelli
2. The Well-Plated Cookbook by Erin Clarke
3. Everyday Dinners: Real-Life Recipes to Set Your Family Up for a Week of Success: A Cookbook by Jessica Merchant
4. Weeknight Gourmet Dinners: Exciting, Elevated Meals Made Easy by Meseidy Rivera
5. Dinner, Uncomplicated: Fixing a Delicious Meal Every Night of the Week by Claire Tansey
6. The Modern Proper: Simple Dinners for Every Day by Holly Erickson and Natalie Mortimer
We’re all ears (and taste buds!) We’d love to see your cooking creations. Did you enjoy making them? What’s on your top 5 cookbook list? Let’s dish! Tag us at #waconiacitylifestyle with a photo of your dish or find us on Facebook! We can't wait to see what you make!