With these simple and convenient recipes, you can easily create delicious treats that capture the spirit of Independence Day. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or attending a potluck, these desserts are guaranteed to be a hit. So, don't let a busy schedule hold you back from celebrating. Grab your mixing bowls, gather your ingredients, and get ready to making some crowd-pleasing desserts!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 15 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cream cheese frosting
- Pack of dessert sparklers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl, prepare the red velvet cake batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Divide the batter evenly among a lined muffin tin, filling halfway.
- Spoon some of the cream cheese mixture onto the batter.
- Top with remaining batter, filling about ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cool.
- Pipe the cream cheese frosting onto each cupcake, then top with red sprinkles and a dessert sparkler. Enjoy!
- 1 box of white cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- 1 1/4 tsp blue food coloring
- 1/2 Vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat the oven as directed on the cake mix box.
- Grease a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with baking spray. In a large bowl, mix box ingredients. Divide the batter into three bowls. Add red food color to one bowl, blue food color to another, and leave one bowl white. Layer the red, white, and blue batters in the pan. Bake according to the box directions, let cool.
- Drizzle the cake with toppings and serve.
- 1 store-bought pound cake
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup agave syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Cut the pound cake into 1-inch squares and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries and blackberries. Pour agave over the berries and let them set aside for 15 minutes. In single-serving parfait dishes, layer cake, berries, and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Drizzle with agave syrup or berry juice. Garnish with fresh fruit and optional mint for a refreshing treat.
- Refrigerate the parfaits for at least 20 minutes and then serve.