Are you thinking about selling your home? If the answer is yes, then you might want to freshen it up a bit to get the absolute best price when you sell. The experts at Dani Beyer Real Estate have a few ideas for projects that boost the value of your home without a complete remodel.
Before you whip out the dropcloths, though, contact your realty and see which projects might make the biggest impact in your home.
1. Paint--a fresh coat of paint can make any area look fresh and welcoming. The top areas you should consider painting are the family room, dining room, rec room, master bedroom, or kitchen. But don't grab just any color. Look for light, neutral colors that will be versatile and timeless.
2. Kitchen upgrade--would it be great to have a completely updated kitchen? Sure. But it's probably not necessary. Instead, focus on one aspect to freshen up--countertops, cabinets, or backsplash.
Countertops--granite or quartz are both great options, with quartz a little more budget-friendly. Make sure that you're choosing the right color, though. Making one element stand out doesn't necessarily help the look.
Cabinets--give your cabinets a fresh coat of (neutral) paint and update the hardware if dated.
Backsplash--although the backsplash isn't the highest priority in many homes, it can pack a big impact, complimenting your countertops and wall colors.
3. Staging--When you're selling your home, you want potential buyers to feel welcome and allow them to imagine themselves in the space. Whether you hire a professional or do it yourself, eliminating clutter and personal items is the first step.
Once that's done, focus on the front porch, any gathering spaces, the master bedroom, and any odd spaces to let your buyers visualize how they would use the space.
4. The bathroom--Mirrors, lighting, and fixtures can make a huge difference. Older bathrooms tend to have dated mirrors. Updating with a more modern shape can transform a space.
Lighting is very important. Your buyer should feel like a relaxing spa, so bright but soft lighting is essential. Additional vanity lighting can go a long way.
Fixtures such as your shower head, faucet, toilet seat, or cabinetry can enhance the bathroom as well. Include fresh white towels and floor mats and replace worn shower curtains.
5. Curb appeal--Landscaping can add up quickly but there are a few simple ways to fresh the look of your home from the outside. Add fresh mulch
- Remove the weeds
- Trim down overgrown bushes, trees, and flowerbeds
- Paint your door with a fresh coat of bold paint
- Update/replace the mailbox
- Update house numbers (Make sure they are clean and easily visible from the front street)
Selling your home doesn't have to be stressful, especially if you have the right team behind you. If you need help, Dani Beyer is here to walk you through the process! For more information, visit DaniBeyer.com.